- 12 Composition Rules for Your Photos to Shine
- Find all you need to know to learn the basics of composition
In Photography Composition, you will find all you need to know to learn the basics of composition. It will teach you the proper terms and ways to apply rules that you might already know instinctively yet not quite understand why they work the way they do.
- Rule of thirds: It teaches you where to place points of interest in your photos.
- Leading lines: This tip shows you how lines can help move a viewer’s eye around the composition.
- Move around: Moving around gives you access to different perspectives, which might actually bring better compositions than what you first assumed.
- Horizon lines: Different from leading lines, horizon lines break up the frame into two parts.
- Shape: You will learn how to utilize shape that already exists in the frame and how to create it where you want it using points of interest. Foreground and background: This tip mentions usage of midground and why you should take advantage of the entire depth of your frame, not just the immediate foreground.
- Weight: You can give weight to your photos by placing a “heavier” subject to one side or the top or bottom of a frame.